Paydirt Football.com Forum Index
 TWR.comLeague Site  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UTIL_NAME UTIL_VERSION Fatal Error:
The following query in numTableEntries(MYSQL_TEAM_INFO); failed:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_TEAM_INFO

MySQL said: Table 'pfl1.MYSQL_TEAM_INFO' doesn't exist
The following query in getSetting(im_protocol); failed:

SELECT value FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_settings WHERE setting = 'im_protocol'

MySQL said: SELECT command denied to user 'pfl1'@'localhost' for table `MYSQL_DATABASE`.`league_settings`
The following query in getGM(19); failed:

SELECT DISTINCT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_email, u.user_, u.user_lastvisit, IFNULL(t.team, 'NFL') as _team, IFNULL(n.full_name, '') FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.phpbb_users u LEFT JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly t ON t.user_id = u.user_id AND t.year = DEFAULT_START_YEAR AND t.end_date > 1713430972 LEFT JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly at ON at.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_STANDINGS s ON s.team = t.team AND s.year = DEFAULT_START_YEAR LEFT JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms n ON n.user_id = u.user_id WHERE u.user_id = 19

MySQL said: SELECT command denied to user 'pfl1'@'localhost' for table `MYSQL_DATABASE`.`phpbb_users`
The following query in getHistory(); failed:

SELECT MIN(t.start_date) as join_date, MAX(t.year) as last_year, MIN(t.year) as first_year, MAX(t.end_date) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly t WHERE t.user_id =

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
The following query in getTeamHistory(); failed:

SELECT t.year, t.team, t.first_week, t.last_week, t.start_date, t.end_date FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly t WHERE t.user_id = ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC' at line 1

SELECT DISTINCT t.team FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly t WHERE t.user_id = ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC' at line 1
The following query in numTableEntries(MYSQL_TEAM_INFO); failed:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_TEAM_INFO

MySQL said: Table 'pfl1.MYSQL_TEAM_INFO' doesn't exist

SELECT t.year FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly t WHERE t.user_id = AND t.team = '' ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.team = '' ORDER BY t.year ASC, t.start_date ASC' at line 1
The following query in getGMHistory(); failed:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score > s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND s.week < 18' at line 1

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score < s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND s.week < 18' at line 1

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score = s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score > s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score < s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.league_gms_yearly y JOIN MYSQL_DATABASE.MYSQL_SCHEDULES s ON s.year = y.year AND s.team = y.team AND s.played = 'yes' AND s.opponent <> 'BYE' AND s.week >= y.first_week AND s.week < y.last_week AND s.team_score = s.opp_score WHERE y.user_id = AND s.week < 18

Joined LEAGUE_NAME: January 01, 1970
GM Experience: to
Main :: Trophy Case :: vs. Other GMs
TEAM W L T .PCT
LEAGUE_NAME 0.000
PFL Great Steps Down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Paydirt Football.com Forum Index -> League Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Angel
Commish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:23 am    Post subject: PFL Great Steps Down Reply with quote

By Dave Dawson
The Heinz Field stadium is standing room only. On the field, men of the gridiron, some retired, wearing their jerseys of seasons past, others including current players, season veterans, and recently drafted rookies, Super Bowl champions from the Miami Dolphins and the Pittsburgh Steelers are all standing together in a line that stretches from one end-zone to the other and back. Another group of men, current and former team owners and coaches stand in the home end-zone, watching and waiting for their turn to shake the hand of Coach Jim Hatzis as he makes his way down the line, taking time to shake each man’s hand. A handshake that ends in a hug and three pats to the back. Words are not necessary. Each man knows what is said through those three hard pats to the back. Some wipe tears, others just let them fall to the field where many of them bled and sweat for the man they are honoring today.

Heinz Field, being renamed during today’s ceremony to the Jim Hatzis Stadium is full of Pittsburgh Steeler and Miami Dolphins fans, news crews and sports crews are providing coverage from every angle over every major station, and representatives of police departments from each of the 50 States line the parameter of the field. The cheering crowd is deafening as AC/DC plays a live medley of classic rock choreographed to the highlights from Coach Hatzis’s 5 Super Bowl Championship games being broadcasted on the stadium’s massive trinitron.

Mere words can never fully describe what Jim Hatzis means to the PFL as an organization, to online football, and to many of the men who have developed a friendship with him through online football. The PFL honors the successful career of its winningest coach, a 5-time Super Bowl Champion, with over 30 seasons. A man with a full-time job as a homicide detective, and a growing family, a family that he started while a member of the PFL, who served in positions as deputy commissioner, league commissioner, and a member of multiple league committees. In the virtual, on-line world, his tireless efforts as a coach, owner, commissioner, and committee leader would be recognized with a never before seen retirement extravaganza, a stadium named in his honor, and immediate entry into the Hall of Fame.

In the real world we write words that describe such a celebration out of a real sense of respect and admiration for a fellow owner and coach. An icon who left a lasting mark on our league, a leader in his community who took the time and had a major influence over the administration, management, and structure of an online league that has outlived all other leagues, now in its 36th season, thanks mostly to the man we honor, Jim Hatzis. The PFL and the online football community will never be the same again.

Back in 2007, Jim wanted to be remembered as a great coach. Statistically, our historical records are a bit weak, but we know that Jim went to the Super Bowl at least 6 times, maybe 7 and won 5. Given the high caliber and experience of the PFL owner/coaches, those feats are, without a doubt, accomplishments of a great coach. But Jim didn’t stop there. He designed a league system and player structure, developed and implemented rules and regulations, and streamlined draft procedures, and implemented trading and free agency protocols, all of which revolutionized the league by turning unrealistic statistics and gameplay into something that closely matched reality and is used still to this day. Jim kept the PFL alive when many of its owners/coaches were leaving. He brought it back from the brink of closure and solidified its prominence among online leagues.

By Len Barnhart
I created the PFL in 2000. Shortly thereafter, Jim Hatzis joined the league. His honesty, integrity and pure likeability was recognizable immediately. I played him in many games. Not sure if I ever won any of those contests, I doubt it, but I can say this... he was as successful as he was through fair and honest gameplay. I can't remember a single complaint on Jim from anyone, and had there ever been one, I would have had good reason to doubt the validity of that claim.
Jim was instrumental in keeping the radio show on course and a great asset to it as well. I sincerely hope he will join us when we broadcast from time to time. He will be missed there as well.
We're in good hands with Mike still leading the charge, he works tirelessly, taking much time away from family and friends to keep the PFL passion going, but we've certainly lost the heart of this great league.
So, with that said...Here's to hoping you come back soon, Jim. You'll be sorely missed!

Michael Kleinknecht
What can I say that hasn't been said already. Jim Hatzis will be missed. This is a great hit to our league. Jim brought a certain level of integrity to the league. He will always be part of this league because he set the standards by which we play. He took us out of the chaos and set us on the correct path. The path that has lead to the longevity of our league. On top of all that, Jim is a great guy who'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He constantly gave of himself and worked tirelessly to keep our 08 league going. This was not an easy thing.... '08 was all but dead. There were only 2 leagues in all of the internet left running. While we had a core of owners that were around from the beginning and seemly would never quit. They started quitting. At this point we discussed it often, the league must remain full (ownership). The death of every league starts when teams have to start playing CPU owned teams. It destroys the integrity of the league. Owners start to lose interest quickly and then fade away. We've all watched it happen. We determined that we'd at all costs keep the league full. So the huge job of filling the league fell to Jim. This is where Jim did his greatest work. Not only did we have a full league we even got as bold to have a wait list. So not only did he find owners but some how he made the new in coming owners feel privileged to play in our league. It was an amazing thing to behold. This would not of happened without him.

As commissioner, it was great to have a friend to fall back on. Jim is my friend. He would know when to kick your ass back on the correct path when you'd go down the wrong one. The great thing about it though, was I always felt he had my back. A lot of you don't know, a few times I went off the rails with my rules and league changes. Jim somehow would be able to show me where I was wrong but in the same breathe say if you want to go down with the ship I'll stand right next to as we sink.

I will miss competing against one of the best coaches ever but more so, I will miss our 2 - 3hr talks about this silly little passion we call PFL Madden football.

Thank you Jim for all your help and I will see you around... (Next time I go to Disney)

Super Bowl XXXII Champs
Super Bowl XLII Champs
Super Bowl XLV Champs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Paydirt Football.com Forum Index -> League Articles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: